The following Cultural Workshops with local teachers are available, and can be booked at additional cost in blocks of separate hours, either during the week or in the weekend. If several students are interested in the same course, there are good discount options. A great opportunity to learn about real Peruvian traditional culture and a good complement to the Spanish Course.
- Peruvian MusicIn this workshop is include different options: guitar, charango (Peruvian guitar), zampoña (panflute) and/or quena (flute). There is no need to have experience playing an instrument nor to be able to read music. Participants will quickly learn to play a few well-know songs. This is a "must" for people who are interested in Peruvian folklore!
- Peruvian CookingFor people who want to learn more about traditional Peruvian cuisine! One free cooking class is included in the Student Activities, but there's so much more! Learn about the endless different kinds of "papas" (potatoes), about the traditional "quinoa" and the use of native herbs!
- Peruvian DanceTraditional Peruvian dance is an important component of the native folklore. Try salsa and cumbia, but as well the typical "huayno", the valls, carnaval Cusqueño, huayllas, la diabla, majeño ....... Great fun!
- PotteryTogether with a local institution, the school organizes pottery workshops. For this course, students are required to sign up for a minimum of 10 hours. Learn about techniques and traditional Inca figures and styles.
- Cultural Exchange ProgramThe center organizes a cultural exchange program in collaboration with university students of Cuzco. A perfect way to practice your Spanish and to know more about what the local people do, feel and think!