Spanish lessons are enhanced by the Mexican host family program. The school's housing office has an extensive list of host families selected for the amenities they provide and their willingness to offer additional conversation practice to students. All host families are eager to welcome students into their homes, sharing with them the warmth of Mexican home life.
For students who prefer luxury over adventure, convenience over cultural experience and night life over family life, living with a Mexican host family may not be for them. However, if students have an adventurous spirit with an interest in people and cultural growth, then living with a Mexican host family is the ideal way to live and learn Spanish in the most fulfilling ways possible.
Criteria For All Host Families
* Willingness to incorporate students into daily family life.
* Provide clean, comfortable, affordable accommodations.
* Be located no more than 15 minutes from the school by car.
* Provide transportation to students not within walking distance.
* Have a telephone for students to receive calls.
* Provide 3 meals daily.
The following Homestay options are available:
- Plan B - Standard HomestayA shared room with another student at Universidad Internacional, or a room shared with a member of the host family. Includes access to a shared bathroom and shower. The room is in a smaller home without a garden or swimming pool. Three meals are included in the plan. The program costs expressed in the 2004 Dates & Fees include Plan B lodging.
- Plan A - Standard Upgrade HomestaySingle room and shared bathroom in spacious homes with a garden and sometimes a pool. Three meals are included in the plan. This option is available at additional cost.
- Plan AA - Upscale HomestayA private room and bath in spacious homes which usually have a garden, swimming pool, and other amenities. Three meals are included in the plan. This option is available at additional cost.