NRCSA provides foreign language and culture training to students from all over the globe. Interactive tutor and semi-tutor classes provide a balance of conversation, comprehension, grammar and reading and writing instruction. Cultural themes are integrated into conversation exercises, assigned readings and recommended independent activities.
Seoul - Korea
is the capital and largest city of South Korea. With a population of over 10 million, it is one of the world's largest cities. . The city then became the capital of Korea during the Joseon Dynasty and the Korean Empire. The Seoul National Capital Area includes four UNESCO World Heritage Sites: Changdeokgung, Hwaseong Fortress, Jongmyo Shrine and the Royal Tombs of the Joseon Dynasty. Seoul has one of the world's most technologically advanced infrastructures and is often called the "Tech capital of the world"
The program is designed to combine grammar with conversation, reading and writing practice. Furthermore, the school's books and teaching material will introduce students to the history, geography and culture.
The teaching methodology is fun, self-paced and ideally requires four to six weeks for students to develop basic communication skills. If the student has studied Korean before he/she will start with an examination (written and oral) to evaluate at which level to commence study.
Students are assessed and receive instruction at their appropriate level. Depending on the student's ability they will spend class time in any of the following activities:
Grammar Pronunciation and discussion Reading and writing skills Listening and comprehension Cultural awareness
Students often combine classes in the study city with independent weekend field trips to small towns where the target language is primarily spoken. The local school staff is happy to provide students with information to facilitate these visits.
One and One and small group classes enable you to study Korean language more intensively and efficiently:
- Your class can begin at any point in the year. - You can plan your study according to your situation, such as the time you have available for language study. - We select the appropriate textbook and teaching material according to students' needs. (examples: reading newspapers, listening to news, watching TV shows/ movies, writing, preparing for the Korean Language Proficiency Test, pronunciation, etc.)
- Range of study hours per day: 1 - 8 hours - Start, finish time: 8:00 am - 8:00 pm
The Korean Center in Seoul was founded in 1971 and since then has been a pioneer of language research and teaching in Korea. We offer two language programs. One is Korean and the other is English. Also, the center is a non-profit organization, chartered and licensed by the Seoul City Board of Education and supervised by a nine-member board of directors.
- Approximately $485 USD per week We recommend students take advantage of staying in a homestay to practice their Korean. The host families are carefully selected, Do not forget to specify on the registration form any dietary requirements, allergies, smoker / nonsmoker, etc., as well as any other preferences. Most families are within 20-25 minutes walking distance to school. In the event that the homestay is farther away, students can use public transportation (subway or bus), the ride being approximately 12-15 minutes. Laundry is not included in family accommodations. Lodging runs from Sunday to Sunday. Students are placed in a homestay in a single room and 1 meal daily.
- Approximately $400 USD per week - Conveniently located 10~20minutes walk away from school - Single Room - Private kitchen and toilet - TV, bed, desk, wardrobe and washing machine - Free internet
- Approximately $240 USD for Arrival Transfer Service Lodging information is sent 7-14 days prior to departure. Information of where to go and how to get there will be sent to students prior to departure.
Dates & Fees:
- Korean Language Classes - Hotels, Hostels, Apartments or Homestay available (at an additional cost, please contact NRCSA with your specific dates) - Hotel restaurants provide many selections - Orientation (covering attractions, how to, health safety, entertainment) - Academic Assessment (placement-exit tests, achievement certificate) - International Emergency & Medical Insurance - Emergency Hotline Staffed 24/hrs day (call collect anywhere in the world) - Arrival transfer from airport to lodging address. - Transportation & entrance fees during cultural/medical visits.
Complete and return the on-line registration form with your deposit of $140 together with a note regarding your familiarity with the language you wish to study and your study objectives.
In Program enter the language you wish to study. Allow 7 to 10 days to determine if placement is possible. Final payment is due 50 days prior to start of class.
If you have questions or concerns, please call NRCSA at 414 278-0631 or e-mail email@example.com
No maximum age. Minimum age is 18 (often waived if accompanied by an adult). Medical: school refers students if needed (medical costs additional).
Foreign language classes taught entirely in the foreign language (immersion method). All levels are welcome (beginner to advanced) Tutor is one-on-one (private teacher). Shared tutor is teacher with 2-3 students Texts and materials are over $15 per level. Class-hour is 45-50 minutes (Most universities use a 50 minute hour).
Lodging & Meals
Accommodation address sent 7-14 days prior to start of session. Lodging ends day after last day of class. Begins the day prior to start of class. Lodging/Meal Norms: Middle class by local definition in local study city In homestays, meal times and content will vary. See above for what is included.
Cultural Program & Activities
Cultural and enrichment activities at additional cost.
--- for study dates prepaid through NRCSA 24 Hour Emergency Multilingual Hotline (call collect from anywhere in the world) $25,000 Emergency Medical Evacuation $10,000 Accident or Sickness ($100 deductible per claim) $5,000 Emergency Reunion See policy for definitions and exclusions Increased insurance coverage available on request and at additional cost. Please inquire with NRCSA at least 3 weeks prior to departure.
"All the teachers and staff members are your friends and family. They will be happy to be your guide to Korean language study and daily life in Korea"
The school offers student classes which suit the students' own individual characteristics, considering students' reasons for Korean language study, language learning experience, method of study, situation and native language."
I most enjoyed close contact with a foreign culture as well as meeting new people from all cultures through my classes.