Cultural, Social & Excursion Activities
The school keeps students informed of the social and cultural events taking place in Athens and Chania. It also organizes social and cultural activities for students. Activities are determined on the basis of the size and interest of the group. Examples include:
- Teacher-guided Walking Trips
- Students experience social activities and practice conversation in real life situations, such as shopping, tasting Greek mezedes in traditional tavernas, using library facilities, etc.
- Greek Dancing Lessons
- A minimum of 3 hours are available at additional cost.
- Traditional Greek Music Instruction
- The school can arrange Greek music lessons (teaching of bouzouki playing or other traditional instrument). Those who are interested may attend 4 hours per week in special, small classes at a specialized nearby school of music.
- Visits to Archaeological Sites in Athens
- Sites are decided upon by students and can include the Acropolis, the National Archaeological Museum, the Cycladic Art Museum, the Byzantine Art Museum. These visits are at additional cost.
- Half or Full Day Excursions
- Students choose from among a range of excursions, for example a half day trip to Cape Sounion with the Temple of Poseidon, a full day trip to Delphi, a full day trip to Mycenae's Tomb of Agamemnon and Epidaurus' acoustically famous theatre. One day cruises are also available. All Excursions are at additional cost.