Cultural, Social & Activities
Additional activities include a wide array of orientation and cultural events. Students are accompanied by experienced monitors who turn all these activities into memorable experiences of Portuguese life and culture. Options include:
- A preliminary orientation lecture on how to get around in Portugal is given to all students.
- Lectures, followed by debates are held on various aspects of life and culture in Portugal.
- Sports Activities
- Visit to a Port Wine bar
- Video Sessions
- Outings to theatres, cinemas and concerts, etc.
- Mini-Course seminars on a variety of topics are available at additional cost.
- Introduction to various Portuguese Arts such as Ethnography and folklore, Painting, Ceramics, Jewelry Making, Sculpture, Photography. These options are available at additional cost, and a minimum number of class participants are required.
- Saturday half-day and afternoon excursions to points of interest are available subject to minimum sign-up and additional cost.
- Also available are full-day Sunday excursions and typical dinners at additional cost.